Printer drivers are essential for the functioning of the printer. Printer drivers help the printer to understand the data to print. So they are the key feature of your printing operations. However, there are times when users face some issues with their printer drivers, which hamper their printing process. This issue is more annoying when you need to complete the task at the given time limit.
There are times when your device shows Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable error. A user can face this issue due to the reasons like your printer drivers are corrupted or not updated. There are also chances that your printer driver is not compatible, or window update is not yet installed in Windows 10, which happens to be the reason for the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue.
Steps to fix Windows 10 Printer Driver is Unavailable Issue
Faulty printer drivers are the main reason of the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue. So a user needs to install the correct printer drivers and some time a user install printer driver incorrectly which cause issues. So try the below-mentioned steps to fix the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue.
Re-install the Printer Drivers
As we already mentioned, your corrupted or faulty printer drivers are the reason behind the issue that won’t let you print. So a user needs to reinstall the print drivers in order to fix the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue. Here are the steps to reinstall the print drivers.
- First, a user needs to press the window key and the R key to start the Run command.
- Now, a user needs to enter the devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Now select the printer driver installed on the system.
- Right-click on it and a user needs to click on the Uninstall device option.
- Once more, choose the Uninstall option to confirm it.
- After that, a user needs to visit the official website and download the right printer drivers.
- Once download, install the correct printer drivers.
- And now, check these issues still occurs or not.
For Printer Support, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
Update Printer Drivers
Your outdated printer drivers are also responsible for the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue. So a user must update the printer drivers. The steps of updating the printer drivers are:
- First, a user needs to press the Window key and R key to start Run command.
- Enter devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Once you did, Device Manager utility will open.
- Now, select Print queues from the given list.
- After that, a user needs to select your printer device.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update drivers option.
There are chances this issue occurs due to the windows update. Many times, a user forgot to enable the automatic update option, and due to this, your system remains outdated and causes the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue. If this is the case, then a user needs to update the Windows 10 to fix the error. Just follow the following steps.
- First, a user needs to go to the start button on the bottom of the screen.
- In the next step, a user needs to type the update on the search box.
- Now, a user needs to click on the Check for updates option.
- Then, choose Window update option.
- And if you find some updates are available, then check the dialog box to download updates.
- The updating process will take some time, and once it is complete, restart your device.
- Now, do the test printing to check that printer driver issue still occurs or not.
These methods will surely help the users to tackle the Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable issue. And in case, the issue still bothers the users, then users can take the help of the professionals at Printer Support Desk. They will solve your all issue with their best knowledge and attention.
For Printer Support, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
Why is my Printer driver unavailable?
If your printer drivers are unavailable, then this is due to the many reasons like your driver is corrupted or your printer drivers are faulty or outdated. A user can easily solve the issue by reinstalling the printer drivers. A user can find the new printer drivers on the official website of your printer brand.
How to install the printer drivers?
A user can easily install the printer drivers with a few easy or simple steps. First, a user needs to go to the official website of the printer. Here search your model and then download your printer drivers. After the download process completes, install the printer drivers.
How to fix printer driver unavailable issue?
When your printer driver is unavailable issue occurs the most common reason for this is you’re your corrupted, or your driver is not compatible. So also download compatible drivers.