HP printer is one of the renowned printer brands. But what will you do when your printer does not respond or your hp printer offline error. While utilizing the HP printer, a user may come across many issues. There could be many reasons for this issue. So in this article, we will guide you on the reasons and troubleshooting steps for the hp printer offline issue. So if you face this issue, try below-given troubleshooting steps.
Methods to fix HP printer offline error?
Set your printer as a default printer
A user must ensure that he set his HP printer as a default printer to fix HP printer offline error. If your printer is not set as the default printer, then this issue occurs occasionally. To set your printer as a default printer, follow the below-given steps.
- First, click on the start button at the bottom of your system. Select the Control Panel option.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, a user needs to select the hp printer from the given list.
- A user needs to select the “set as a default printer.”
- Once you have done, your hp printer won’t show an offline error, and you will do your work without any issue.
Toll Free HP Printer Helpline Number +1 (917) 338 3683
Check your printer offline mode
Many times this issue occurs when your printer set on an offline mode, and users are not aware of this. Make sure your printer is not on offline mode. And to do this, steps are given below-
- First, click on the start button at the bottom of your system and after this select settings option.
- Choose devices options.
- Now, click on the printer and scanners.
- Choose your hp printer and right-click on it.
- From the given options, untick the use printer offline mode. And your printer will no longer show the hp printer offline error.
Also See – HP Printer wont turn ON
Check your network connection or cables
- If you are using the wired hp printer, then ensure your cables are working fine. Check your USB cable is inserted properly to the computer as well as the printer. Also check your Ethernet cables, if the printer has networks.
- In case of wireless connection, check your internet connection and the router.
- Use other cables or try different sockets on your computer.
- Keep your printer within a range of the network.
Check your printer drivers
Another common reason for your hp printer offline error is your printer driver. Your hp printer shows this error when you use outdated or faulty printer drivers. A user needs to go through the below-given steps to re-install or update the printer drivers.
- To re-install the printer drivers, go to the start button and select the control panel option.
- Click on the remove programs and uninstall the existing HP printer drivers.
- After that, download the new printer drivers.
- You can download the new printer drivers on the official website of HP printers.
- After that, install the new HP printer drivers.
- To update the printer drivers, a user needs to go to the Windows search.
- Here, click on the Device Manager option.
- Select printer option
- Now, select your printer model and right-click on it.
- At last, choose the update driver option.
- Once it has done, restart your device.
Check your printer spooler setting
In many cases, your hp printer offline error occurs when printer spooler is stopped. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the mentioned steps.
- First, open ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc” and select OK.
- Click on the ‘Print Spooler’ option from the list.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option and click on the Stop.
- After that, click on the address bar and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and select OK.
- A user needs to delete all the files from the printer folder.
- At last, go back to the ‘Print Spooler’ option and right-click on it.
- Choose the Start option to resume the spooler service once again.
Also See – HP Customer Support
Other reasons for HP Printer Offline Error
Low ink levels, lack of compatibility, and paper jam are some other reasons why your printer shows offline error. Sometimes this issue also occurs when the printer is online, but it shows offline due to some error between your printer and computer.
Toll Free Printer Helpline Number +1 (917) 338 3683
All these troubleshooting steps will surely help you to get rid of your Hp printer offline error issue. These are simple steps yet effective steps. So to avoid this issue, always use correct or updated printer drivers and check your network connection. If the issue still persists, feel free to contact the printer helpline or the HP Printer Support at +1 (917) 338 3683.