HP printer is a well-known printer brand across the globe. Many users rely on HP printers because of their wide range of printer models.
HP printers are highly capable of doing office and home works. However, HP printers are also prone to issues, and Fatal Error During Installation HP Printer Windows 10 is one of the issues of the HP printer.
So, read the full article and get rid of the issue.
What Causes Fatal Error during HP Printer Installation in Windows 10
What are the factors responsible for the Fatal Error During Installation of HP Printer Windows 10?
Here are some factors behind the HP issue
- An issue with the ink cartridges is one of the factors responsible for the HP error.
- Connectivity issue is another possible reason that causes you trouble.
- Due to the Synced problem.
- The corrupt windows registry also causes the HP error.
- Incorrect and faulty printer drivers also lead to this Fatal Error During Installation HP Printer Windows 10
- There are instances when you forget to connect the USB cable, and this leads to the HP error.
So, all these are some possible reasons for the HP error. And if you are facing the error, then try the given methods to fix the Fatal Error During Installation HP Printer Windows 10.
For HP Printer Support, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
Methods to Fix Fatal Error During Installation HP Printer Windows 10
Solutions to fix the Fatal Error During Installation HP Printer Windows 10
There are many ways that you can try to solve your HP printer error. So, here are some of the effective methods that may help you to solve this issue. So, try them out.
Method 1: Re-register Windows Installer Service
You can face this error due to problems with the Microsoft installer service. If this is the case, then you have to restart and re-register the installer service to eliminate such a problem. Here are the steps to it.
- Initially, you need to open the ‘Run’ dialog box by simultaneously pressing Windows key+ R key.
- And when the dialog box opens, type ‘services.msc’ in the box.
- Now, a list will open, and in the list, you need to locate the ‘Windows installer’ and double-click on it.
- And then, you need to click on the ‘Start’ button under the ‘Windows Installer Properties.’
- Click on the OK button.
- Next, you need to re-register the installer service.
- For this, open the ‘Run’ dialog box again by following the same way as above.
- And then, you need to type ‘msiexec/unregister’ and then choose ‘Enter.’
- And again, open the Run box and enter ‘msiexec/regserver’.
Also See – HP Printer Installation Failed Windows 7
Method 2: Reinstall and Update printer drivers
Many times your printer driver is responsible for the error. So, simply reinstall and update drivers and get rid of the issue.
- To start the process, visit the official HP printer setup website.
- In the next step, on the HP support page, you need to locate your printer’s drivers and software.
- Now, click on the Download button.
- Next, you are required to install the file by double-clicking on it.
- And then, you need to install the printer’s drivers and for this, follow the on-screen instructions.
- A user is required to click on the finish option once the drivers are installed successfully.
- Last, restart your printer and computer to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 3: Remove Temporary Files
- Initially, you need to press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key s simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In the next step, you need to enter the ‘%temp%’ in the dialog box and select OK.
- A new window consisting of many files and folders will appear.
- Now, you need to hit the ‘Ctrl’+’A’ to select all the temporary files in your system.
- And then, you need to remove them all by pressing the ‘Delete’ key.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the ‘Yes’ option.
Also See – HP Printer Won’t Turn On Issue
Method 4: Run Disk Cleanup
- To start the process, you need to reboot your system.
- When the system starts, open the Start menu.
- And then, you need to type ‘disk cleanup’ in the search bar.
- Now, Select the option ‘Disk Cleanup’ from the results and press Enter.
- Next, you need to choose the drive where you have installed your OS and then click ‘OK.’
- While the disk cleanup performs its job, you can select the files from the list and clear them by clicking on ‘OK.’
For HP Support Assistant, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
We hope all these given methods help you to solve your issue. All the issues are easy to understand, and one may not find any difficulty in following the given methods. But on the off chance you came across any problem, then don’t worry. You can contact HP support and resolve your issues.