Not able to use a Canon printer? Canon printer is printing in low quality, or a user is getting scrap from the printer, then a user needs to follow the Canon printer troubleshooting steps.
Here in this blog, a user will find the best Canon printer troubleshooting steps and guidelines.
Common issues and solutions for Canon printer
Printers are very essential in our offices and home use. They are very important in our day-to-day operations. A user can find the many different brands of the printers, among which Canon is the most reliable and famous one.
Canon offers a wide range of printers with advanced and modern features like fast print, scan, and copy services. But many times, printer issues and problems send the users in a panic. Just like any other machine, the printer also shows some technical issues. But these problems can be solved with the few easy and simple steps.
Canon Printer in Error state
If the Canon printer keeps showing the error state message, then here are some steps that resolve the Canon printer error state issue.
- The first and best way is to restart the device.
- A user can resolve the issue by updating or reinstalling the printer drivers in the device.
- Check for internet connectivity as sometimes it is the root cause of the issue.
- Run the troubleshooter. It removes the bugs from the system and solves the issue.
- If the above-mentioned steps do not work, uninstall and reinstall the software of the printer. Many times, the issue gets resolved with this fix.
Slow Speed of the Canon printer
The slow speed of the Canon printer is one of the common printer problems. Though canon is known for its fast printing, sometimes the error shows up and delays the work of the users.
And the error usually occurs when the equipment is set to print high-quality output. So, try the below-given methods to fix the issue.
- The best way to fix the printer problem is to reduce the print quality, or the user may change the setting to draft mode. It will also help you to save on ink or toner.
- Also, consider omitting the graphics, in case the user is printing pages from websites.
- Another reason for the problem is when users give many commands simultaneously. So, also make sure that you don’t end up in giving too much command that hampers the printer performance.
Low and Faded Printing Quality
The main cause of the issue is a clogged printhead. The issue generally occurs in the inkjet printers when users left the printer idle for a longer period.
Sometimes the printer also prints the unwanted lines that deteriorate your printing output. Whenever this occurs, try the given solutions:
- Clean the dried ink using the printer’s utility program. After doing this, do a test print to check whether this Canon printer troubleshooting works for you or not.
- When the printers’ ink is about to end, then also a user faces the low and faded print outputs. And if this the problem, you need to change the ink cartridges; otherwise, it also damages your ink cartridges.
Whenever a paper jam occurs, a user will get the warning message. The paper jam occurs when the users load the sheets more than the capacity of the printer. So, take care of this. Here are steps for the Canon printer troubleshooting paper jam problem.
- First, a user is required to unplug the printer and open the front cover of the canon printer.
- Now, leave the canon printer for like 10-15 minutes.
- Then, drag the drum unit and carefully remove the cartridge from the printer.
- After that, pull out the paper feed tray from the device.
- Carefully and gently remove the jammed paper from the printer.
Printer does not Print
If your canon printer does not print and keep showing the offline error, then there are many factors behind it. So, stick to these Canon printer troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, users need to check that the Canon printer is On.
- Also, check the internet connection and ensures the stable connection between the printer and the system.
- Canon printer should be set as the default printer.
- Make sure you are using the correct and latest printer drivers.
“No Paper” Alert Appears
If this issue occurs, then it may be because there is some foreign object on the rear tray. So, to remove it, turn off the printer and then remove the object.
- Sometimes, the error occurs due to the improper loading of the paper into the machine. So, while loading the paper, make sure that paper is properly aligned to the tray and also ensures papers are loaded in portrait orientation.
- Also, check the compatibility of the paper and make sure that the paper is not wrinkled, curled, or too thick.
- Last but not least, clean the paper feed roller.
We hope that this guide has helped you with you canon printer issues. However, if you are still facing error, feel free to contact canon printer helpline at +1 (917) 338-3683.
For Canon Printer Support, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683