We all know about our office works Printer is one of the main things. It makes our work easy, and without a printer, the office looks incomplete. We also need a printer for our domestic use. And out of many printer brands, Canon is the best printer available in the market. Canon offers various types of printers to suit the need of customers. They are of very high quality and print at high speed. Apart from printing, Canon printers are also capable of scan and fax documents, images and print a large number of sheets in a minimum time.
So, if you are thinking of purchasing a new printer, then Canon is one of the best options for you. But one must remember that printer is a machine, and like every other machine, a printer is also prone to issues and errors. And canon printer in error state is one of such error of the canon printer.
While using the canon printer, many users may encounter the canon printer in error state error. And it is a bit annoying when the error occurs when you have a deadline to meet. So, in this case, you need to fix the error as soon as possible. So, in this blog, we will offer you some methods to solve the canon printer in error state. Before proceeding to the solutions, have a look at the reasons behind the canon printer in error state issue.
Causes of Canon Printer in Error State
If you are facing an error in the Canon printer, then there could be some reasons behind it. So, it is necessary to know the root cause of the error as it helps you to rectify the issue effectively. Thus, look at the reasons given below as they could be the cause of your issue.
- There are chances that you’ve downloaded the incorrect printer drivers.
- The printer drivers you’ve downloaded are of another model, not of your canon printer model.
- There are instances when the wires or USB cables are not connected well and cause the error.
- Another possible factor for the cause of the issue is the BIOSS issue.
- Many times connectivity issue is also responsible for the canon printer in error state error.
So, check all these are the possible cause of your canon error. Now, a user needs to follow the given solutions to fix the canon printer in error state error.
Related Article – Canon Printer Troubleshooting
Methods to fix the canon printer in error state error
Method 1: Restart your computer and canon printer
Restarting helps you to fix any printer errors. So, before trying any other method, restart your printer. To restart your printer and computer, turn off them both and leave them for 2-3 minutes, and then power on the printer and computer and check whether the issue occurs or not. If not, then try the other given below methods.
Toll-Free Canon Printer Support Helpline, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
Method 2: Check the connection
Connectivity is one of the root causes of the error. So, to fix the error, check the connection.
- Initially, a user is required to check the connection between the computer and the printer. Many times there is not an appropriate connection and cause the error.
- Also, check the wireless network or cable you are using is perfectly fine.
- Check the network strength and stability and make user you are using a high-speed connection.
Also See – Canon Support Code 5100
Method 3: Reinstall printer drivers
Many times your printer driver is responsible for the error. So, simply reinstall them and get rid of the issue.
- Initially, visit the official canon printer setup website.
- In the next step, you need to search your printer’s drivers and software.
- Now, click on the Download button.
- Next, you are required to install the file to free your device from the error.
- And then, you need to install the printer’s drivers and for this, follow the on-screen instructions.
- A user is required to click on the finish option once the drivers are installed successfully.
- Last, restart your printer and computer to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Update your drivers
Another way to fix the canon printer in error state issue is by updating the drivers. In case your printer drivers are out of date, then there are chances that you would face an issue with your canon printer. So, always keep your printer drivers up to date and enjoy the service of your canon printer.
Toll-Free Printer Helpline, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
We hope all these given methods help you to fix your Canon printer in error state error. But after following these methods, you still face error, then contact Canon printer support. The executives will offer you the best help.