Canon printer has been a popular printer company among the customer. But, as we know, while using a printer, one can encounter various issues like canon error 1403, irrespective of whether you’ve brought a new printer or using the old one. A printer, like any other machine, can show various issues. And these issues can become the reason of some serious problems when we have urgent work to complete in a limited time.
What is Canon error 1403
Canon error 1403 usually occurs when there is some issue with the ink cartridge. When your ink cartridge gets damaged or defected, then it will show various issues, and canon error 1403 is one of them. In this case, a user immediately replaces the ink cartridge with the new cartridge. Make sure your newly brought cartridge works properly.
Another reason for the canon error 1403 is an incorrect position of the printhead. So a user needs to ensure that printhead is in its right place.
Solutions for the Canon Error 1403
Update the printer driver
If a user is using the outdated printer driver, then this might be the reason behind the canon printer errors. So it is always advisable to update the printer driver timely with the latest version. So follow the steps to update your Canon printer driver.
- A user needs to select the Start menu.
- In the next step, a user needs to select the Control Panel option.
- Now, a user has to select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Then, select the Device Manager option.
- After that, a user needs to click on the Printer option from the list.
- Here, a user needs to right-click on the printer option and then select the Update Driver option.
- It will take a few minutes.
Clean the Print Head
As we say, your printhead could be the reason for the Canon error 1403. So check your printhead.
- So to start the procedure, turn off your Canon printer. And detach the printer from the power supply.
- In the next step, open the printer cover.
- And now, one by one remove all the ink cartridges from the printer.
- Once you removed the ink cartridges, clean your printhead.
- Make sure you do it properly. A user can use the dry cloth and warm water to clean the printhead.
- Also, clean the ink cartridges.
- While inserting the ink cartridges, make sure they are completely dried out as if you put the wet ink cartridges, then it will damage your canon printers.
- Once you insert the ink cartridges in the printer, close the printer cover.
- At last, turn on your printer and reconnect all the cables.
Replace the Ink Cartridges
Your old and defected ink cartridges could be the reason for your Canon error 1403. So, it is better to replace the defected ink cartridges with the new one.
- First of all, a user needs to turn off the canon printer.
- In the next step, you need to open the printer cover and then paper output tray cover.
- Now, a user must push the cartridges to remove it from the printer.
- Then, insert the newly brought ink cartridges in the printer.
- Before inserting the ink cartridges, make sure you remove the protecting tape of the ink cartridge.
- After that, close the printer cover.
- Last, make a printer test.
Check your Printer Settings
Sometimes incorrect printer settings will also lead to many printer issues. So also, make sure your printer settings are appropriate. By following the steps, you can check your printer settings.
- A user needs to go to the Start menu.
- In the next step, a user needs to select the Settings options.
- And then, a user has to click on the Printer & Faxes option.
- Now, a user needs to right-click on the printer.
- Select the Properties option.
- After that, visit the Advanced option and click on the Printing Default option.
- Here a user can change the setting accordingly.
Toll Free Canon Printer Helpline Number +1 (917) 338 3683
We hope that these methods will solve the Canon error 1403 on your system. However, if the problem still persists, feel free to contact Canon Printer support at +1 (917) 338 3683.
How do I reset my Canon printer?
A user can reset the canon printer by pressing the power button. When you pressed the power button, make sure you hold it for a few minutes. It will reset your canon printer. A user needs to reset the printer from time to time for its better performance and function.
How do I clean Print Head?
To clean the printer head, first, a user needs to remove the ink cartridges from the printer. Make sure you clean it with the soft cotton.
Why does the Orange Flashing light keep blinking on my Canon Printer?
It means that there is some error in your canon printer that bothers your canon printer performance. A user can contact the experts to know more detail about the canon printer and its issues.