With the help of the printers, users can easily print or scan photos, files, and documents. Printers increase our efficiency of works. And modern technology keeps updating the printers, and now users can find the best technology printers to meet their printing needs. The Brother printer is one of the finest brands of the printer.
Undoubtedly, the brother printer offers high-quality printing output. It offers a wide range of printers that has remarkable and advance modern technology features and functions. It is best for personal and professional use. The service of the brother printer is used by users across the globe.
But, sometimes, users may get technical issues or flaws that hamper the printing process of the printers. Brother printer not connecting to my mac is one such error that mac users face while printing anything from the printer.
Reason for the Brother Printer not Connecting to my Mac
A user can find the many reasons that prompt this issue. But, there are mainly two common reasons for that-
- The first reason is the wrong settings and configuration of printer drivers.
- The second reason is faulty or outdated printer drivers.
Dial +1 (917) 338-3683 for Printer Support Helpline
Steps to connect the Brother Printer to Mac
- To start the process, select the Apple menu
- And then click on the ‘system preferences’ option.
- Now click on the printer and scanner option and hold the control key from the keyboard.
- Next, click on the reset printer option.
- After that, remove your printer from the ‘printer and scanners’ section of your Mac by using the ‘-‘ sign.
- Now, users are required to add your printer by clicking on the ‘+’ sign
- At last, select your Brother printer from the list of printers.
- Your printer will be now set up and ready to use.
In case your brother printer is not responding to Mac, then these methods will help you out. So, follow the given methods rightly.
- First, switch off your Brother printer and turn it on again.
- It will reset the printer.
- A user needs to remove the printer from the system preferences so that the printer can be re-added to the Mac device.
Some Solutions to fix the Brother Printer not connecting to my Mac
Solution 1: Making sure that the printer is not offline
Initially, a user needs to check and make sure that the printer is not offline, and you can print easily with it. In case your printer is not ready to use, then check these steps out to do so:
- Tap on the Power Button: If the printer is on sleep mode, then to turn on the printer. A user needs to press the Power button on the printer.
- Load the paper in a paper feed tray: Make sure that you have loaded the paper into the input tray.
- Ink Cartridges: A user needs to take care of that the correct ink and toner cartridges have been installed.
- Restarting the Printer: The users need to restart the printers and then wait till then printer is ready to print.
Solution 2: Resetting the Printing System
If the brother printer is not connecting to my mac, then try to reset the printing system. It will help you to eradicate the issue. So, here are the steps to it.
- In the beginning, a user needs to choose the Apple menu.
- In the next step, a user is required to click on System Preferences.
- Next, click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- After that user needs to click on the list of devices.
- Lastly, the user is required to click on the Reset printing system from the given menu to complete the resetting of the printer.
Solution 3: Check the Printer Connection
- Check the printer connection as it is one of the main causes of the brother printer not connecting to my mac. Here are the steps to it.
- Make sure your printer and device are connected properly established.
- And if required, reconnect the printer and device.
- If you are using the USB cables, then check your cables, and if required, change your USB cables.
- Check your internet connection. Make sure the connection is active, and if your printer is connected to the device via wirelessly, then place the printer in the range of the network.
We hope these methods help you out to fix your brother printer is not connected to the Mac issue, and you can easily print with your brother printer. Mac devices are compatible with the brother printer, but sometimes issues can occur which can easily be fixed.
However, if you are still facing trouble connecting your Brother printer to you Mac, you can contact at +1 (917) 338-3683 for Printer Support.