Printers are one of the modern gadgets that makes the users work much easier. These are essential in our work, and one can find the printers in almost every office. There are many printer manufacturing brands available in the market, and Brother is one of them.
Brother is a leading brand of manufacturing a wide range of high-quality printers. Brother printers are suitable for both the home and office work. Brother printers are highly used by customers across the globe for its outstanding modern features and high-quality printing operations. The service of the brother printer is highly appreciated by the users.
But brother printer is also a machine, and time and again, it also shows some error that disturbs your printing operations. Brother printer not connecting to my computer is one of the common problems that many users report while using the brother printer.
Here are some simple ways to fix my brother printer is not connecting to my computer issue.
Method 1: Check the connection between the computer and the Brother printer
- Initially, check the connection between the computer and the Brother printer is secure and stable. And if required, re-establish the connection.
- Also, check the access point and router.
- Check your Ethernet cable.
Method 2: Disable Printer Offline Mode
Many times, the brother printer is set on the printer offline mode, and thus you face the brother printer not connecting to my computer issues. Check these steps to fix the issue.
- Initially, click on the start button at the bottom of your system.
- Go to settings.
- Then click on the devices option.
- And under ‘devices’ and choose the ‘printers and scanners’ option.
- Now choose the brother printer you are using.
- Right-click on the brother printer.
- Click on the ‘see what’s printing’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the ‘printer’ option from the upper left corner.
- Here, disable the ‘use printer offline’ option.
- Ensure that the ‘use printer offline’ option is unticked.
Method 3: Update your Printer Drivers
Your outdated brother printer driver can cause multiple issues with the Brother printer. Thus, it is required for the users to update the printer drivers with the latest version or reinstall the drivers. A user can do this in two ways. The first way is using a downloaded utility driver and the second way is via visiting the manufacturer website. Here are the guidelines for the second option.
- Go to the brother printer website.
- Here, download the correct and latest version of the printer driver as per your OS.
- Now, run the installer file.
- A user needs to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Method 4: Check Ports
To troubleshoot the brother printer not connecting to my computer, make sure your brother printer is connected to the right port. And if that is not the case, stick to the given steps.
- Click the start button on your PC.
- Go to settings.
- Then, click on devices and select ‘printer & scanners.’
- Now, click on the devices and printers.
- From the device list, select the brother printer you are using.
- And right-click on your brother printer.
- From the dropdown menu, select ‘properties.’
- Under properties, select ‘change properties’ from the general section.
- After that, choose the ’ports’ option.
- And then click on the port that contains your printer name.
- Finally, click on ‘apply’ to complete the process.
Method 5: Check Brother Printer’s Power Source
- Firstly, check the brother printer’s power source, and when the pinter has enough power, LED lights are lit. A stable LED light on the power option indicates that the brother printer is on.
- If the error lights start blinking, then it indicates the printer error.
- If no light is on, then users must check the power exist or try to reconnect the power cable.
- Most of the case problems have been resolved by reconnecting the power cable. And if required change the power cables and try to connect with the new power cables.
Method 6: Cold Reset
On the off chance, everything is just fine, and still, you are encountering brother printer not connecting to my computer, then do the cold reset. By doing this, it will remove all your recent settings and your files. So, before doing this, make sure you do the backup and then perform the cold reset.
Dial +1 (917) 338-3683 for Brother Printer Helpline
We hope all these methods help you to eradicate the issue, and you can enjoy your brother’s printer effectively and continue using the brother printer and complete the printing work. However, if you are still facing the issue, feel free to contact the Brother printer helpline at +1 (917) 338-3683.