Brother printer is one of the famously known printer manufacturers companies. Brother offers various hi-tech printers that come along with top-notch features and functions, and it is the best option for the users for their printing work. And it comes with a wide range of printers. And one of the Brother Printer is Brother MFC-j480dw.
And if you purchased the Brother mfc-j480dw and want to set up the wireless setup. Then in this article, you will get to know the full steps at length.
Step by step process for Brother mfc-j480dw Wireless Setup
Step 1: Load the plain paper
To start the process, you need to take the paper tray out of the printer. For this, you need to open the front cover of the brother printer and take out the paper tray. Now, load the paper into the paper tray. After that, slowly insert the tray into the printer.
Step 2: Connect the Telephone line code
After you have placed the plain paper, you need to add the telephone line code to the printer. And then, sign in to the telephone line in case you use the fax app. Make sure that the line socket must be placed in the back of the printer and the telephone line code attached. Then insert the telephone line code into a wall socket.
Also See – Troubleshoot Brother Printer
Step 3: Connect the power code
Now, you need to add the power code after the telephone line code in the printer. Then, your computer will automatically turn on.
Step 4: Install the starter ink cartridges
And then, you need to install the ink cartridges. To do so, first of all, remove the ink cartridges from the packer. Then, you need to remove the Safe orange part. Now, remove the green tab, and it’s going to cut a hole in the ink. And perform these steps on other ink cartridges.
Step 5: Machine setting
To do the machine setting, you need to follow the on-screen instructions. Here check the accuracy of the prints. Also, set the date and time. And Place Upgrade Firmware.
Configuring Software for Brother mfc-j480dw wireless setup
Step 1: Before configuring the wireless setting
To do the wireless setting, you need to first know the router’s wireless settings. To connect your computer to the wireless network, you need some information beforehand.
- Your router’s SSID
- Network Name
- Also, know your Network key or password
- The default router settings can be found on the router’s rear side.
Also See – Brother Printer not Printing
Step 2- Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi
Now you need to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi. Here are the steps that you need to follow to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi.
- First of all, you need to click on the Wi-Fi button.
- It will open the menu list.
- Now, you need to select the setup wizard from the list of choices and then tap OK.
- Next, you need to click on your Network Name or SSID.
- Click on the OK option.
- Enter your network password and then click on the OK button.
- After that, you need to click on the Yes button when asked to add settings.
- Last, to print the program from your screen, click on the OK option.
Step 3: Install the printer driver into your system
- First of all, download the printer driver into your system.
- In the next step, go to the installer file, then double-click it to start the update.
- Now, open the installer windows and pick your language, and tap on the Next button.
- Click on the ‘I approve the license agreement’ button and then tap Next.
- Next, select the connection to the Wireless network and click on the Next button.
- From the list, you need to pick your Brother printer and tap Next.
- After that, you need to click on the Download button.
- Tap on the Next option.
- Enter the details, and click on the choice Finish.
To connect with Brother Printer Support, Dial +1 (917) 338-3683
We hope these methods help you to do the brother mfc-j480dw wireless setup. So, perform these steps and complete your brother mfc-j480dw wireless setup. These steps are easy to understand, and one can easily perform them. But in case, you are not able to perform it and having any issues then you can contact Brother printer support. Here the executives will offer you the proper steps to complete the process.